Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Sorry about last bookclub

I can't believe I broke my promise already! I still haven't blogged about out last book club (The Other Hand) and now I've forgotten a lot of the detail!

In future i'm going to borrow Brett's dicta phone thingy and record it so i can be a little more thorough. I promise!

Bookclub is next week at the House of Deniz (sans Jenny Deniz as she'll be gallivanting off somewhere interstate) and we've all been reading The Godfather (or at least i hope we have!) and i have to say i'm almost finished reading it and i love it! It's not my style of book at all, or at least i thought it wasn't but i'm 100% in! I never would have picked it up off the book shelf, and to be honest i didn't even know it was a book before it was a movie, but i'm converted. Nice choice Abby!


I have another confession to make... I fully intend to break with protocol and watch the three movies before we catch up on Wednesday... I think I've seen them before but i clearly don't remember. I feel like the book is intrinsically linked to the film now, and throughout the entire (very long) book I've been picturing all the characters straight from the film, so it should be interesting to see the differences.

Plus we always forget to talk about the film version of the books we read after the fact, and i bet you lot have all already seen the movies so i just want to be able to keep up with conversation!


See you on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment